Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We honeymooned on a Pacific paradise island

All my life I have seen the pictures of what is commonly referred to as a Pacific paradise ... a beautiful island somewhere in the Pacific ocean. Upon marrying Lucy we went to such a place for part of our honeymoon. Lucy was born and lived on this small island and her family still had land and a house there. I had suggested that we go there for our honeymoon. I got a bit of a surprise out of that experience. It was beautiful but within two days time I wanted to leave and go back to the city where we had come from. I was so bored I could not stand it. I remember the one episode of the Andy Griffith show where Howard went to an island down in the Caribbean. After awhile he went crazy so to speak as there was nothing to do. He needed to go back to Mayberry to regain his sanity. Anyway, now we are talking about going back to that same small island to retire. Hopefully I can find something to do there. We have plans concerning it all so I think I will keep occupied.

our wedding day

our wedding day

I was 39 & Lucy was 29

steve & lucy at chocolate hills

part of our honeymoon was spent

at Chocolate Hills in Bohol, Philippines

bohol & panglao 2

the island of Bohol with Chocolate Hills near

the center ... the small island of Panglao on

the southwest end of Bohol is where Lucy

originally came from

pbs map of philippines red arrow to panglao

the red arrow shows the location

of Panglao Island among the many

islands which make up the Philippines.

We have since decided not to retire in the Philippines.

No comments: